Restoration of woodworks, Jaguar Mk2





Restoration of woodworks, Jaguar Mk2



It does not look that bad, the interior woodworks in my ’62 Mk2, but it need some love and care. In the form of new lacquer. Just ready to get started now, all the stuff (lacquer, stripper etc) is bought and eager to get used.
Liberon lacquer, wire wool and Jordan brush.

Since this is the first attempt of mine to re-lacquer old original woodworks, I found a few mk2 pieces of wood use for testing, on eBay. I received a great article from Gary Stretton from Classic Monthly. Combined with help and knowledge from local resources, I have a plan carved out.
I will be posting the results and my steps here, regardless of the results.

First I will use the stripper to remove layer by layer for old coating, until the wood is clean from lacquer. Then I will clean it with a special kind of wood cleaner, then start applying lacquer layers, using wire wool between layers. High gloss finish applied by a very fine brush.
I am sticking to Liberon products all the way. Hopefully this is a good choice.
Top: my original interior trim. Below that, the piece bought on eBay.


Keep you posted.

If you have tips, please comment this post :)

Morten
newer post older post