Testing White Wall Wipes from Detail Pro





Testing White Wall Wipes from Detail Pro

The white side/wall tires on my old Jaguar don’t look that white anymore, quite dirty and not matching a newly polished car. I have tried different kinds of mild soaps before, and high pressure water as well. Without any good results. Maybe this this stuff would do the trick?

Having my car at an exhibition, I bought White Wall Wipes at one of the stands. The reseller told me that these would get the white color back; born skeptic I did not have that much belief in this. I went to try it out at once. The result was surprisingly good! As my tires have never been cleaned with this stuff before, it took some effort to clean the tire I tested on. I rubbed one spot until it was white, and worked my way around the tire side. It took about 10-15 minutes getting one really dirty front wheel cleaned; but what a result! Almost as new. Impressed! The rear wheels went faster, and it took me about 35 minutes to get them all right. If I clean the wheels frequently, I would guess 10-20 minutes in total is enough.

The box I bought consisted of 35 wipes, which will do for many years ahead in my case. Depends on if the box is able to keep the moisture in the wipes, that is.

Before I started - click on the image to enlarge it.
Started cleaning

The box I bought cost NOK 119 (about €15 / $19 in the time of writing), which isn’t all that bad at all. Detail Pro can be found here: http://www.whitewallwipes.net/ .


Clean away the left overs.

See the difference?
A few tips
Wipe the entire white wheel side before you start rubbing. I found it easier to rub the dirt away later if I did this. Clean away the loosened dirt frequently. If you don’t clean it away from the black part of your tires, then it will leave milky/wax like stains, not looking that nice.
I used a rubber glove, as this stuff dried my skin out quite well, and they dirt from the tires stick good to your hands.

The result - I like!
The test was conducted Sept 29th, 2012, and I have no relations with producers nor resellers.

Morten
newer post older post